Tuesday 28 May 2013

Today I am here with the info on connecting pen-drive with Galaxy Pocket. Most of guys here might know it very well, but some folks are still not aware about it. The next time you are on your way and meet a friend who has some of your most wanted movies and games on a Pen Drive with him, you would always want to have a copy of the stuff for yourself. But, since, you do not have a laptop or net book, you would miss the good opportunity. Not the next time!!! From now on, your Android phone could outsmart the purpose that a laptop could have served.  And, for this you do not need any high end Android Device. Our Galaxy pocket can serve this purpose. So, now, after going through this post, you would know how to connect a Pen Drive to your galaxy pocket and do anything that you could have done with your Mac/PC.

You would need just aUSB OTG Adapter or OTG cable for this to work. Its small, light weight and can be kept in your wallet to serve the purpose. It plugs into your phone’s mini-usb interface and gives you a full USB port instead. The normal Micro USB Adapters  and OTG cable look like this:


OTG Cable



OTG Adapter

These will connect to your Device with a Micro USB port i.e. the port you have.

Moving ahead from connecting Pen Drives to your Android device, there are OTG adapters that even allow you to read Micro SD cards and other memory cards. The following is the one that allows you to plug in pen drives and all types of memory cards:


And, definitely, the one above has the highest usability quotient.These USB OTG adapters will be compatible to complete Samsung Galaxy range of devices just because they run with the brotherhood of Android, a seamless and compatible platform.
If you are based in US, you may buy one of these adapters from stores which will cost you around 20$. It is also hard to find it from a local stores in USA. It is far better to get one of these from Amazon @ a price 10 times lower. They are cheap as they do not carry the brand-name but are at par in every other way.

In India you can easily buy it from local mobile phones market. You can find one of these from a local store. Some common places where you will find them are:
Chandni Chowk in Kolkata
Lakshmi Market in Pune
Heera Panna Market in Mumbai
Gaffar Market in Delhi
Mobile market Sector 22 Chandigarh.

Else you can also buy these from online marketing portal.

For BIG SCREEN ANDROID SMARTPHONES, you may visit here

35 comments:

  1. yaar, Aapka ye post to bakai kammal ka hai. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ayush, is it working for u? Plz reply

      Delete
  2. can it supports on samsung galaxy pocket because i was not found any video for small screen phones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello RMIVUXGC..... is it ur name lolzz?
    Thanks bro for this wonderful post. I was really in need of this. I have read all of your posts here. They are just awesome bro. I have also visited the link provided by you at the end of the post. There is a post titled " How to connect keybord and mouse to android phablet or phone" Is it possible on our small galaxy pocket also? I want to use keyboard for chatting/typing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not working!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an USB OTG cable but it's not working on my galaxy pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. working for me jelyblast v3

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Piyush What? Are you speaking seriously?

    Did you test it with another rom i.e. stock xxlf5 or blackstar?

    ...And once more question... Does Your USB OTG cable have an external power source i.e. battery?

    Please answer me as soon as possible... please... please man...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. m not clear.my phone is second hand. already jellyblast showing android 4.1.1. dnt know how.i am use galaxy tab otg and hub. hub connected via adaptor.otg no power.

      Delete
    2. Which kernel are you using?

      Delete
  8. dear rmivuxgc, i think something is missing somewhere or you are on somewhat totally different kernel ported from HC, ICS,JB or CM. All is going well as per your article when i use it with my OPPO Find5. Its on Cyanogenmod.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adimn and visitors I wnt to ask about the riskeyswapkernel how long is my memory card going to last using reskeykernelswap. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its working for me without any extra effort. I am not so much tech girl. My phone is on original firmware older than 2.3.6. Its 2.3.4. No custom ROM or like that. Everything original. I believe that too much experiments with your phone may kill its natural capabilities. I have purchased new OTG from store for Rs350.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you hel me to reupload stock rom modification v1?
    Please..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is this blog like this why dnt u assist I've ask how long my scard is going to last using infuzion swap kernel dah anyone can assist.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I find a kernel for my phone on net I want to flash it but also there is a wrning saying kernel weaken memory card. My Q is how long my sdcard is going to last using swap kernel cause all my games data are in my memorycard including apps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All Mem Swap apps/kernels deteriorates SD card. It shortens the life of SD card. But no one can predict the life span as such. It may live upto 10 years or it may just cheat you within next few minutes. So its always a better option to keep backup of important data. Hope u guys got the answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Does the infuzion kernel swap too coz I've heard that the infuzion kernel is safe no bugs whatsoever.

      Delete
  15. Does this USB OTG works on Galaxy Pocket or not?

    If yes, what's the kernel/ROM you guys are using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. working on stock kernel and rom with 2.3.4
      u may try lower than 2.3.4 also. Not supported on 2.3.6 with stock.

      Delete
  16. Ok, thank you very much.
    But 2.3.4? I haven't heard nothing about this version...
    From where can I download it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can try base 2.3

      Delete
    2. Does your cable have an external power source like battery or any current amplification system?

      I'm asking this, cuz I built my own "Micro USB OTG Cable" but it's not working... I think that there is some missing power to make it work...

      Delete
    3. I think someone in above comments has mentioned powered OTG

      Delete
    4. I want to know exactly if it's powered or not. I have installed jelly blast v3.5 and it's not working instead.

      Delete
  17. I also think that its an issue with 2.3.6. people who are talking here about 2.3.4 are right. I concluded this when i saw similar issue of pen drive here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1435777. Here the guy lost pendrive access after updating from 2.3.4 to 2.3.6. But restored the same via factory reset again. may be this is helpful for all here guys. but where is the 2.3.4 for galaxy pocket? Look on guys and work upon this.I think we are very close to solution. i think so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right man... I think that 2.3.4 doesn't exist for galaxy pocket!

      Delete
  18. Thanks dude. Its working on my galaxy ACE 5830 :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not working!
    It's fake!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi rmivuxgc. I don know its working or not as i havent tested it. I have sold my pocket on olx yesterday and Gionee E3 after going through the the link provided by you. That is awesome blog too, like galaxypocketclub. Gionee E3 is really superb and stands aloof in the crowd of smartphones. Its a true smartphone. Thanks to you for the link dude as i was confused among different options. But finally link provided by u helped a lot. Also i think that people have lost interest in pocket as many options are opening up daily for upgradation. And they are shifting to better options. Hope u don mind it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. CORRECTION:

    Hi rmivuxgc. I don know its working or not as i havent tested it. I have sold my pocket on olx yesterday and PURCHASED Gionee E3 after going through the the link provided by you. That is awesome blog too, like galaxypocketclub. Gionee E3 is really superb and stands aloof in the crowd of smartphones. Its a true smartphone. Thanks to you for the link dude as i was confused among different options. But finally link provided by u helped a lot. Also i think that people have lost interest in pocket as many options are opening up daily for upgradation. And they are shifting to better options. Hope u don mind it.

    SORRY FOR THAT MISSING WORD

    ReplyDelete
  22. It work in galaxy pocket???

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have purchased a pendrive for Samsung for my Pocket but it can't find it ?

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Samsung Pocket Neo, my cell phone, doesn't have OTG feature, I guess it means it doesn't power a stick memory or pendrive. I "rooted" my phone, I have SuperUser, installed OTG Disk Explorer, USB OTG and StickMount, all run fine and are granted SuperUser rights, but nothing happens when I plug a stick mem or pendrive.
    My kernel version is 3.0.15-1166751 (I don't know if that was the original from factory or after I flashed using ODIN, etc, following the necessary steps to root the cell phone).

    ReplyDelete
  25. How do I connect the USB stick to the Android device? It's easy. How to connect USB stick with Android devices is to use a tool called USB On The Go or commonly called USB OTG. You can buy a USB OTG in smartphone accessories stores in your town. The price varies between 15 to 35 dollars, depending on the brand and features provided on the USB OTG.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop your comments.